• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Discussion Contest ECTunnel Contest #1 (1 Viewer)

Coinstop

BANNED
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Welcome to EC Tunnel's first contest! With the new website in full swing we are looking for your feedback. Please let us know,​

What's your impression of EC Tunnel? Tell us something you like and something you don't like about it.

To enter, reply to the above question or have an on-topic discussion.

Examples:

Derp1: My first impression was "wow this is way different". I like the new message system. I don't like the prefixes
Derpina2: I enjoy the themes on the new site, but I don't like the sub forums
Coinstop: Where teh paladin guild?

Derp1 and Derpina2 are both entered!
Coinstop is not!

Prize List:
Grand Prize: x5 Krono for 1 lucky winner
x10 Lucky runner-ups will receive x1 Krono

Contest ends Saturday, April 28th
Winners will be chosen by in-game /random on April 29th, you're invited to attend!

Contest Sponsored By:
Coinstop
Redbot
Passaway - Agnarr AFK PL
Augmentor - Kronos for sale

Rules:
No purchase necessary. No more entries after April 28th, 11:59 PM EST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the FV server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted April 29th in the AM after contest ends, you are welcome to attend (will be done that evening).
Multiple replies (and therefore multiple entries) are allowed so long as you are carrying on a normal on-topic conversation.
Shipping of physical items is to USA only, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't get it to you.
Posting with multiple accounts, or screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

I like the hidden feedback option.
I dislike/d the EverQuest sub forum layout, the 100 mini icons were an eye sore, now super clean! I appreciate the drop down box of the server list for the quick and CLEAN navigation.
Overall I feel the site has improved drastically since launch. Great job guys!

I would say fix up the "max messages" for newcomers, it's pretty confusing leaving conversations and having old conversations brought up, I cant tell if people are messaging me and its full and I miss a message or something - there should be better incentives for people wanting to pay premium, which I wouldnt mind doing if there were some clear benefits, like top placement of ads and what-not. I would also like to see WTB and WTS sections look more clear in where is what, and I think it would be cool to learn more about what Daybreak plays into this marketplace and how to avoid doing anything that could risk our main accounts, as a profit on a couple sales couldn't outweigh a character we've spent 10+ years on. All that being said I've met with a couple people, and it would be nice if there were some escrow within the site, a way to make a payment through the site like a trade almost for the item, as paying someone with Friends and Family on Paypal has lead to innumerable scams - I sent Friends and Family to someone for a Golden Sage Earring and no matter what Paypal would not refund me no matter how high up i went up the chain.

All that being said it's a nice site, and if you could make some sort of banner and sidebars that actually retain the old feel of the ECommons tunnels (that wouldn't break copyright) I would appreciate it. I'm glad I found the site, I actually have a character named Eastcommonlands and his guild is Tunnel Torch One.

Overall getting used to it! Some quirks but I overall like where it’s headed. If you could have a similar layout or redguides (the top toolbar , inbox bar etc) i think it would be a heck of a lot easier for returning redguide users to understand, this had a bit of a learning curve and I think being somewhat an affiliate to redguides , and most users who use this do use redguides still, if the layout was similar it would be a lot easier for everyone. The old toolbar on top was so easy to navigate and this is taking some getting used to. That’s on major thing I’d like to see, great job so far though guys! A similarily related inbox messaging system to the old site would be deeply appreciated to. This is confusing and I kind of weird compared to the old simple style , thanks !

Going to start with positives:

-I love the new PM system, conservations are a huge improvement.
-Go to the bottom left of the page and change Daytime (light) to Nighttime (night) and AD Styler Primary color to white, you will like the look x10 better!
-LOVE the Buyer beware for non-verified people.

Negatives:

-Change; all new things take awhile to get used to. Most people will favor Redguides layout until their used to the new. It took me a few days to fully get in the swing of things.
-I feel like there might be less activity. Curious if we could do a comparison of RG sales to current EC sales.

Overall, positive wins by a landslide. Thanks again!

I like the neat Feedback scores and how if someone is not verified there's a huge warning.

I dislike that there is no little green Online Now icon on the posters avatar.

EDIT: I dislike that I didn't NOTICE the green online icon. because it's there! yay!

Last edited:
The first impressions are the site is an overhaul in a tin of ways, going from a 9ps style board to modern day. I really like how well it works on mobile compared to whatever mobile app loaded up as default on RG, which had a banner taking up screen space. I think the red alert at the stop saying "This person isnt verified yet" not only makes you think twice, but will hopefully encourage others to get verified to remove that ugly ass message on their listing! The only con i see, which maybe yser error, is the PMs are called converation, and i thought you used to be able to click on a PM button right from a thread. I went to delete old PMs and the only option i found resembling thT was Leave Conversation, which was strange. So again, maybe user error, but as a dev, I know the dumb things users say/do can sometimes highlight areas that could be improved, so I hope this has been helpful. Thanks for the new site and all the love and hard work put into the shadiest fucking scammer filled 19 year old game that we all still play!

Overall I like it. But I do agree with the message part. I will end up getting use to it but at first I got so confused and replied to my own message, because I thought they sent it to me the next day. lol but like I said overall I like it a bit better the filtering is so much better helps alot. Thanks guys

I will be the one to admit that I did vote for a new website for the Bazaar. You guys nailed it! I love all the new features! My favorite is the ability is to bump threads every 24 hours and to hide feedback. I understand a lot of people want the old format of the Redguides Bazaar and that's another avenue they can improve upon. People hate change and I understand that, but in the long run, this website will prove to overcome the previous Redguides Bazaar just due to the features and dedication from the staff. Thank you Redguides staff for the time and dedication you have contributed to this community.

Edit: I really have no qualms with the new ECtunnel.

Last edited:
I will admit though, I miss the profile pages, the ease of access through all navigation, people having issues with messaging .... mirroring the old redguides somewhat would help alleviate a lot of confusion imo. I liked checking profiles with a click, I miss the layout so much, just another tidbit thanks

The avatar situation is kind of confusing at first. When you're looking at the forums there's the avatar on the far left, and appears default is just 1st 2 letters of your forum name. Easy to work out, but confusing at first trying to process "Is this relevant to the thread??"

Do like that it looks clean.

Last edited:
I really like the cleanness of the website. Love that I can find anything I want, fast and cheap.
Only thing I don't really like is the theme itself, seems boring would like to see it more EQ esque (sp?). More colors and such, I tend to get confused where I left off if I put phone down, as everything kind of looks the same.
Other than that awesome site, so glad I found it!
ACtual has replaced playerauctions as my go-to for anything EQ related.

like everyone else is saying, takes some time getting used to the new fonts and layout but overall new site is much fancy, more dynamic.

avatars next to thread titles makes it easy to sort through threads, more bump options is nice

i spent about 10 minutes clicking through all those themes, landed on orange-crush and its really nice here

I like - White color scheme. EC Tunnel name, nostalgia ftw!
I dont like - would like the bazaar filters to sort by type of thing for sale, example, plat, accnts, items

I love the look/feel of the website. I am definitely glad that you added the ability to filter between servers as that makes it really easy for users to find what they are looking for. Like others I am also a HUGE fan of the PM systems :)

My only dislike is that its change ;). I will get used to it though and I am sure I will enjoy this site more than the previous!

The new PM system is lightyears ahead of the old site. I'll tell on myself a little - I view mostly on mobile and didn't notice the envelope icon to start a conversation with someone. Hopefully I'm the only idiot who missed that.

The entire site has had a great makeover and its only been getting better! What I like most is the ease and accessibility of the new site on my phone. It has a boatload more options and you're no longer as limited when you're on the go! Things started slow but everything is flowing nicely and the new conversations option is awesome for chatting in real time!

I like the overall organization. The subs for various things (Krono/Services/Plat/etc.) are convenient.
While I can understand not wanting to start from a completely blank slate, however, I think the slew of old posts detracts from things overall.

I like the overall ease of use, the message system and feed back is overall improved.
the biggest complaint i have is that it wont keep me logged in.

So far I am really enjoying the new layout now that I am used to it.

The messaging and feedback are very much improved and it also somehow sneaks past my works strict firewall so gg lol.

I love the PM conversations and the slimmed down look. I also really enjoy the invisible feedback.

I do wish the forums layout was more like RG. Meaning a list view of the different forums rather than a tile view.

What's your impression of EC Tunnel?
The site is improving daily with the modifications being made. My impression is getting more positive by the day.

Tell us something you like and something you don't like about it.

I like the messaging, autobump and hidden feedback system. I would like the ability to lock our posts if we just using 24 auto bump.

I do not like the live feed on red guides only showing new posts, in order to show up, I need to create new posts daily which is against your T&S. So for better sales, I would delete my post and make a new one. If the live feed can be tuned to show autobumps that would be ideal.

Last edited:
What's your impression of EC Tunnel?
I was skeptical but so far so good.

Tell us something you like and something you don't like about it.
I like the conversation window. My only complaint is that it is new and I am still learning every little thing

I had some trouble finding the Verification link.. Admittedly it was pretty noticeable when I did find it, however I clicked through a few pages and tried to check my profile for a link before I came across it. I really enjoy the ability to customize the look of the website, it is a nice touch that was fun to use.

I like that its separate from the old forum. I like that its gotten easier to sort with the prefixes. The only thing I dont like is that I am old and I was used to the old forum.

What's my impression of EC Tunnel?
I am happy that it has been separated from Redguides and has a much cleaner interface(sorry!). The bump feature(unsure if this is new or not...) is also a great joy to see.

Something I don't like:
I don't like the Twitter/Facebook buttons, the "More Options" button tends to bring out the Reply modal(apologies if this isn't the correct term).

Something I like about it:
Organized. Clean. Easy to use. Simple. Good job. If y'all need any help with the front-end, let me know.

I like that the layout is easy to navigate.

I dislike that my Server selection is not saved when moving back and forth.

The site is great, easy to use, no bullshit to get in the way of getting what you want and need.

I've read the reasons, I still don't understand the point of verification. For me, rating > verification (not a topic for debate, just stating my opinion which I'm not going to defend.)

I'd like to see a Wanted to BUY section. If I'm looking for a specific thing, it could save a lot of time (and even money) to post that I'm looking to buy it. As a seller, I could unload my stock even faster or I could post the old fashioned way. This would probably be used by casual sellers more than "professional" ones, but certainly food for thought. Plus, I can't wait to respond to emails from....let's say mentally lacking people... with the effect of "No, I'm BUYING item XYZ and wanting to Pay $N. I'm not Selling. I should have put BUYING in caps and bold letters in the thread subject so this thing wouldn't happen (even though I did exactly that.)."

Also, I need the amount of RedBot in general to increase because RedBot is cool. I mean, who doesn't like more RedBot.

The site is great, easy to use, no bullshit to get in the way of getting what you want and need.

I've read the reasons, I still don't understand the point of verification. For me, rating > verification (not a topic for debate, just stating my opinion which I'm not going to defend.)

I'd like to see a Wanted to BUY section. If I'm looking for a specific thing, it could save a lot of time (and even money) to post that I'm looking to buy it. As a seller, I could unload my stock even faster or I could post the old fashioned way. This would probably be used by casual sellers more than "professional" ones, but certainly food for thought. Plus, I can't wait to respond to emails from....let's say mentally lacking people... with the effect of "No, I'm BUYING item XYZ and wanting to Pay $N. I'm not Selling. I should have put BUYING in caps and bold letters in the thread subject so this thing wouldn't happen (even though I did exactly that.)."

Also, I need the amount of RedBot in general to increase because RedBot is cool. I mean, who doesn't like more RedBot.

There is already a Want to Buy section.
https://ectunnel.com/community/forums/want-to-buy.139/

giphy.gif

Thank you all for playing, I am here to collect my kronos ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back