ECT's Middle Man Service

Coinstop

Staff member
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
ECT Middle Man Service

Middleman services provide buyer and seller protection at the time of sale. The service guarantees the seller will received payment and the buyer will received the item purchased.
"Sounds awesome! How does it work?''

A transaction is created between the buyer and seller via private messages.
Add Coinstop to the conversation via the "Invite More" option on PM's.
Invite more.png
Before the exchange can start, the buyer or seller have to pay the MM fee.
Fee: $4.99 + 6% of item value.

For account sales:
The seller will send the Middle Man the account information so that they can confirm the Login, SQA (if applicable) and character match the advertisement.
Once confirmed by MM, the buyer will then send payment directly to the seller using any payment method both parties agree to.
The seller then confirms to the MM payment was received by submitting the information to the buyer.

For item and currency sales:
The seller will show the Middle Man the item in game and confirm that the seller has what has been described in their sale.
Once confirmed by MM, the buyer will then send payment directly to the seller using any payment method both parties agree to.
The seller then confirms to the MM payment was received by trading the item/s to the buyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1eq

bractos45

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Just utilized this service for my first account sale on ECT. Just wanted to give my 2 cents real quick..

Coinstop made myself and the buyers transaction perfectly smooth!! Was quick and efficient in making both myself, and the buyer comfortable. If you're having thoughts on, or not entirely 100% sure on making an account sale.. I HIGHLY recommend this service. You'll feel a lot better afterwards.

Cheers!!

eVILE

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
@Coinstop i was wondering if the middle man service could be changed up to be more automated? What I mean is, sellers feed their account into the middle man service and then basically lose access to the account and email associated with it. At that time a base fee of say $5 could be charged to seller to cover admin looking and verifying account. When buyer pays for account, the additional 10% could be charged, minus the initial $5.

eVILE

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Honestly, I would like to see more people use the service, but I need it to be automated. It would also be nice to be able to drop a punch of finished toons into the stack and not worry about anything until they are sold.

I would also like to see more revenue coming into the website. I make nice change here and a lot of people make far more. I would like to see the site that makes it possible benefit more, as long as they don’t get greedy :)

Coinstop

Staff member
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
@eVILE , we actually have BIG things in store for both the website and upgrading our MM service.

We will be updating to Xenforo 2.0 from 1.5 which will give us more access to upgrading our plugins, add to our trading platforms and more functionality.

As for the MM service upgrade I have a lot planned. My current plan is to have a pop up window come out where you fill out the type of transaction as well as the details specific to the type of transaction depending if you select item or account. It Will also create a conversation between the buyer, seller and MM.

From there things will be manually handled. A lot of what takes place (from running a light check on both users to make sure they both seem legit to inspecting the account or items ) cant be replicated by a program and requires human interaction.

The current method is great and adds so much more security to a transaction. However, my goal is to modernize it and make it more user friendly.

v1ndi

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@Coinstop made me and my buyer comfortable throughout our sale. If either you or your buyer have doubts, don't hesitate to ask for this middle man service. Let this super professional person help the transaction along. It was quick, smooth, and painless. It's always a pleasure to work with Coin!