• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Discussion Delete this account (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Please delete this account. I refuse to partake in this website now that the owners have decided that you have to pay up in order to post classified ads as a seller.

Just because some random person owns a website, does not make them arbiters of credibility.

Damn Red - a 2013 account ban that's savage.
man prevails GIF

Lol. The fact that the OP is banned is irrelevant. I'm speaking to anyone else who might come across this post and share the same sentiment that the OP displayed. This site is not free to run. It has been around since 2005 (well, to the best of my recollection anyway). RedBot has graciously kept the site up and running throughout all of the ups and downs of EverQuest (and WoW at one point), and also through all of the ups and downs of his own life over the past 17 years. Having been a part of this site almost since its inception, I have seen first-hand a lot of the bullshit that Red and staff have put up with over the years. The fact that somebody else who has been here for so long had the audacity to be so disgruntled by the fact that RedBot has rightfully asked something in return for the excellent site that he pays for and maintains is beyond me. I cannot sympathize with the OP in anyway. I am overjoyed to see that RedBot obliged and has smitten them with the unrivaled wrath of the banhammer.

There are plenty of places where entitled pricks are welcome on the internet; this doesn't have to be one of them. Good riddance, and thank you Red and staff for providing myself and everybody else with such a venue to peddle our wares, and more importantly, a great community and fellowship that has stood the test of time. Cheers, my friends, and may our foes face the banhammer!

The information that redbot linked is not readily available in a single location. It's spread out across multiple posts.

Also, back in 2000 there were hundreds of EQ related sites and they were all free. It costs about $15 to $50/year to keep a site like this online.

I agree with the OP, just because someone owns this site does not make them somehow more credible than any individual poster.

• Sad
Reactions: Sic
Knowledge is Power. Time is Money.

And I believe that @Redbot has both the knowledge to facilitate a website for us to do what we enjoy doing, gaming with a side hustle, and saving customers money, cheaper Krono and/or Services to save time. That said, I believe that it's more than warranted to ask us all to give a little to make a little to save a little AND given a lot of his time (17 years is a LONG time) continuing to facilitate the website!

To complain over $10 is pretty silly, in my humble opinion. *shrug*

The information that redbot linked is not readily available in a single location. It's spread out across multiple posts.

Also, back in 2000 there were hundreds of EQ related sites and they were all free. It costs about $15 to $50/year to keep a site like this online.

I agree with the OP, just because someone owns this site does not make them somehow more credible than any individual poster.
You agree with yourself? The mere fact you would comment on your own thread attempting to dupe us as if it was not you exhibits your true character.

You are not a credible source for this discussion.

Last edited:
There are 904 users who are neither premium nor verified, but are allowed to post sales threads. Over a hundred were promoted in the last year. If this process isn't clear, that's by design. I'll give hopeful freeloaders a hint: be normal, enage with the community, and if you deserve a promotion and haven't received it, contact me.

Also, I completely agree that I'm a random asshole from the internet with authority over a couple freemium EQ-related websites. When I listen to anarchist punk rock, I'm raging against myself.

@Redbot keep up the good work maybe they want you to just take a slice of every transaction like eBay or playerauctions or g2a maybe 50% sound good for your troubles

Isn’t Verifying free but the extra storage and access to Redguides what the 10$ is for lol I mean if I don’t pay my 10$ a year you never took my check mark

What a bizarre flex.

You're fine with buying/selling hundreds of dollars worth of EQ content but draw a line at $10/year in site fees?

People will get themselves worked up over anything these days

What a bizarre flex.

You're fine with buying/selling hundreds of dollars worth of EQ content but draw a line at $10/year in site fees?

People will get themselves worked up over anything these days
For as little as 0.02739726027 cents a day... You too can feed a starving Paladin Guild in need; of love and a good home.... here in the wonderful world of ECTunnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back