• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Report Cained vs SterlingArcher (1 Viewer)

Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Scam and Fraud
Username(s) of the accused
Cained
When did the issue occur?
Constantly for the last 36 hours
Can someone block him from posting yet? Is harassing me on all of my threads now and with his negligence of posting personal in game data he's gonna get anyone he associates with on here in trouble.

He's stating he has yet to receive his plat and has shown plenty of proof that he hasn't yet, including further proof that he has sent money to you. As far as posting your personal in-game data... why would someone who received his product risk making that information public and getting his newly "ill-gotten gains" banned? There are still plenty of questions to be answered by both parties, but I think this needs to be conducted respectfully between all parties, including the community, and most importantly yourself.

It makes no sense to me how he was standing in EC Tunnel for roughly 12 hours and most of that was sitting in radio silence trying to get ahold of you. Then out of nowhere, you send a Delivered message and immediately refute his claims of never receiving the plat. No double-check to make sure we got the names right? No screenshot of the plat being handed over? There's lots of things that could've been done to immediately drop these charges against you, and it seems not a single one has been shown yet.

Last edited:
That doesn't mean he should be free as a brand new user with no feedback but my negative feedback to go posting on 6 different forums about be being a scammer trying to ruin my reputation. I've sold over 2m plat on blue including 2 transactions since after he made his claim. I'm not gonna risk the main enjoyment of the last 20ish years of my life for 1 transaction for 100k. I don't screenshot any of my transactions. Is discretion no longer the priority here? This guy comes out of nowhere pays me $300 then immediately demands his money back. It was almost 2 in the morning when I was notified he was badmouthing me on my post which I deleted and messaged him saying I'd get him either play or his money back when I woke up. I never said I was available to him, he said ill just send the money now and you can deliver when you're available. I logged in and chatted with him in game as if we were long time friends, told him brb. Fell asleep in my daughter's room while comforting her on a hard night. I woke up he was still there in the tunnel I said something along the lines of "glad you're on p99 finally man, I don't have a lot of free time to help you level but I do have lots of play! Here's a bit to get you started" I closed the game. I left him positive feedback even though he was being rude and posting things about being ripped off while I was asleep. I didn't beg him for his money, I didn't insist he pay me right away, I told him since you are a new customer to me I'm going to take it extra slow and also my hands are a bit full tonight but I'll do what I can. After he was fussing I said sorry it's taking so long. After he posted the BS I offered moneyback he preferred the Plat. I delivered the Plat left him the feedback and then all he'll breaks loose. Nobody is here vouching for this guy. Everyone I've ever dealt with has only nice things to say about me. I haven't received any direct messages asking me to provide anything more the report posts that were up were removed so I can't see if anyone wanted anything more. Another new customer today left me new feedback he is happy with his plat. I still didn't take any screenshots or logs again why would I? Logs can be edited and only verified by a p99 GM. They hold no weight here. I've also never had someone try to say they didn't get their product. It's completely isolated and if their is an investigation going then ban us both from posting but don't allow him to go around posting my name all over the place. I had to take down all my threads just to take down his spam.

I do disagree, he shouldn't be going around blowing up your forums, however, I can't say I blame him.

He's currently under the belief that you have not delivered the 300k. You are trying to supersede that dispute by continuing to conduct business.

These are my questions (initial) that I have from the original post towards you.

1. I understand building a false "repertoire" within the game to come off as real-life buddies, but then you went off to help a druid friend in-game? There was no response from you after that until after he had messaged you both in-game, and here on ECTunnel. It was roughly 7:30 (going off of memory) and you said you were in husband mode with the wife and kids? No joke, I called my girlfriend, from the side of a mountain when I was rock-climbing about 250 feet up, because a pending business deal (took several days) had literally just randomly sent the money. She got on my PC, found the exact account info, and texted it to me which I forwarded him. I understand this is an extreme length most people won't go to... but surely your wife would understand taking a few minutes to deliver a product that someone has literally already paid you (and by proxy her) for. (Hell when I make a $300 sale on Everquest my girlfriend rushes my ass to the PC xD) So, why didn't you deliver the plat then and there?

2. You claimed in your initial post that you have dealt with "a few of these new guys" before, which is the reason you strictly use CashApp. I did find this to be slightly off, because out of the hundred-plus business deals I've been a part of. I've only seen this once. Second question, where did these other new guys come from; as I don't remember any disputes about that here on ECT? Just trying to add some weight to your story man.

3. Discretion is the key here, however, the hundreds of screenshots I have from all of my business transactions, including names, dates, times, emails etc... are all safe and sound on a hard drive next to me. Again, an extreme length, but I prefer covering my own ass at all times. Out of the various guides here that all state to essentially get receipts, you have none for what seems to be a pretty decent-sized amount of business?

4. True chat logs can be altered, and only verified by a GM, by chance do you have a log saved somewhere? If so I'd try and find it.

Just trying to get some of the basic questions out of the way.

EDIT: Essentially, I'm trying to get some answers so I can ask Cained disputing or contracting questions as well; just as of now, he's got everything in-hand because he did read these guides and took a lot of screenshots, and you don't a part from banking on your reputation.

Sorry for the wait.

Here's the timeline:

1) Cained sent SterlingArcher $$$
2) SterlingArcher claims to have delivered, Cained claims to have not received.
3) SterlingArcher doxes Cained
4) Cained doxes SterlingArcher, as well as both of their p99 characters.

Caveat Emptor: trades with either of these users on any P99 server will certainly lead to an account ban.

SterlingArcher is the likely scammer. Cained is the victim here, but be warned from here on out that anyone dealing with them on P99 will almost certainly be banned.

Last edited:
why would someone who received his product risk making that information public and getting his newly "ill-gotten gains" banned?

It makes no sense to me how he was standing in EC Tunnel for roughly 12 hours and most of that was sitting in radio silence trying to get ahold of you. Then out of nowhere, you send a Delivered message and immediately refute his claims of never receiving the plat. No double-check to make sure we got the names right? No screenshot of the plat being handed over? There's lots of things that could've been done to immediately drop these charges against you, and it seems not a single one has been shown yet.

Two great points thank you for weighing in bractos

I'm not giving this new guy double the Plat he paid for nor a refund for the Plat I delivered. Go ahead and delete my account I don't need this site to continue my business. Feel free to lick my balls first ya faggot. Gonna cancel all my redguides business as well. Not gonna support you guys no matter how nice the bots are on live. Byeeeee.

Annnnd that's what I was afraid of. I can share his PM's he sent me. Basically, he had zero intention of answering any questions, nor would he consider a full, partial, or reimbursement of plat.

Heh, figure my critical thinking skills could save you guys some time. Also this type of scam (since there's rarely legal repercussions) is more of a morality concern over anything else which I always find interesting. Lol. People get killed over $300 in the streets, but via Everquest, it's no big deal to them. :oops:

🎖️Bractos gets the medal🥇
happy homer simpson GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back