• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Guide Bractos’ Guide on Creating / Selling CLEAN Accounts (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Figured it’s about time to pass all of this information on in a simple concise format for sellers to follow!!

This does not apply to p99, or any other privately owned server. They have their own rules that i’m not aware of as I have 0% experience playing, or dealing with any other server that is not Specifically Retail Everquest. If you want my advice on how to deal on P99, I’d say don’t. (or ask someone who does play P99, and assume the risk!) Cheers!

The same thing goes here @Redbot and @Teichou , if this isn’t allowed feel free to delete!!!!

The whole point of this article is to help you, the account seller avoid at all costs, the horrific “Forced Verification” pop-up while you power level / gear up whatever toon you intend on selling. We want to avoid setting any bit of information we can. (With the exception of the in-game zip code, more on that later)

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. VPNs
2. General Information
3. Verification Pop-up of “Doom”
4. Creating Accounts
5. Purchasing Kronos / Expansions / PayPal Information
6. Selling Accounts
7. What to do with “old or sold” Account Information

1. BEFORE WE START; A WORD ON VPNs.

- I personally have never used a VPN while creating/selling EQ accounts. I’ve heard of people getting entire armies banned because they happened to use a “bad” VPN or something. However, use these in your own judgment.

- I’ve logged into / logged out of god knows how many accounts from w/e my home IP address was and I never had an issue.

- Only time I’d recommend using a VPN, is if you’ve had some issues with being banned in the past for bottling or RMT, and you’re worried your IP is flagged. But again, I’d personally use VPNs as a last step, not a first one.

2. GENERAL INFORMATION:
1. This is for people wanting to create, and sell accounts with absolutely no information set.
2. Follow this step-by-step, if you skip anything, this might cause issues later.
3. I generally only create a maximum of x3 accounts a day as needed. Any more than that, and again I felt the “verification required” ramped up.
4. This seems like a lot, but once you learn it, you can create x3 safe clean accounts in roughly 15 minutes or so. Just take your time and learn how to do it the right (or best possible at the time) way.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

3. THE VERIFICATION POPUP OF DOOM:
1. This seems to rarely happen, but does happen. You’ll bypass the launcher, go to log in to your account, and you’ll receive a notification for 2-step security.
2. This sucks.
3. This basically means this account for whatever reason (from all the possible research/monitoring I’ve done, it seems completely random / Non-preventable) has been flagged for security reasons from DP. This always seems to happen to just 1 account and not all accounts with the same email address etc…
4. If this happens, go ahead and register this particular account to your own information, phone number, email, etc… and store it for your bot army / next group or w/e. If you want to still sell these accounts, just make SURE your buyer is aware of what they’re buying. I sold one of these toons for a discount recently, and everything went smoothly. But I also know that was one of my longest returning customers, so he knows/trusts that I won’t do any yank-backs, despite info being set. I also offered a full 100% refund if anything negative happened while transferring info. But again, this is up to you and your customer's discretion.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

4. CREATING ACCOUNTS:
1. Always be on a PC, never on a phone. Not sure why, but registering accounts on a cell phone, then logging into them on a PC almost always flags your account for further verification. Think it's got something to do with the mobile's IP or something. I typically recommend customers only mess with account settings via the PC you'll be playing on primarily.

2. Go and create your Everquest account as you normally would, with a few exceptions.

2a. Make sure the account name is something unique per character. I thought at one point it would be a good idea to just name accounts things like Rogue1, Rogue2, Rogue3 Etc.. in my earlier days of selling accounts. Then I figured that would probably be the easiest names in the world to guess. Now I go for things like Rgstab177263 for example. Almost as if it’s another password in itself.

2b. The same thing goes for the password. Every unique account should have its own unique password. The days of TEMPPASS123 and whatnot just seems slightly sketchier, as well as easy to guess.

3. EMAIL SETTINGS ARE IMPORTANT!!!
3a. Here’s what I do that seems to be the highest possible success chance of maintaining the account clean.

3b. I usually will create x1 Gmail account for x6 Everquest accounts. These Gmail accounts are never linked to my own personal emails, but you still have to have access to them. What you choose to name these Gmail accounts doesn’t matter. [email protected] or w/e is fine. But I typically limit registering 6 Everquest accounts, per 1 Gmail account. This keeps you safe in case an account gets suspended/banned, you won’t lose your entire collection, and also doesn’t appear nearly as shady as having x1 email address consistently swapping EQ accounts.

3c. NEVER VERIFY THE EMAIL!!!! This is the risk in creating/selling blank information accounts. If you verify the email, you are technically selling an account with the information set. On the off-chance your customer would have to contact DP; the first verified email is the one DP will ask for. I will explain how to help your customers change this later. If this changes, I’ll update it here, but as far as I know. FIRST VERIFIED EMAIL = ORIGINAL EMAIL = INFORMATION SET = UNCLEAN ACCOUNT

3d. Once your account is created, and you have the pop-up window that confirms the creation of your account / shows how to download EQ to your computer, move on to the next steps.

4. BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE -> LOG OUT OF THE ACCOUNT BEFORE CLOSING YOUR INTERNET BROWSER
4a. This is mainly a paranoia thing, but I feel when moving onto the next steps, if the account is still logged into the internet browser, I get flagged for account verification more often.

5. CLOSE OUT OF YOUR INTERNET BROWSER -> OPEN UP YOUR EVERQUEST LAUNCHPAD.

Within the past year or two, DP has implemented a new EULA that must be agreed upon before you’re able to bypass the launcher and log in.

IF YOU TRY TO BYPASS THE LAUNCHER on the FIRST log-in attempt, IT WILL IMMEDIATELY FLAG YOUR ACCOUNT FOR VERIFICATION.

So…

5a. Log into your newly created EQ account in the Launchpad.
5b. You’ll see a pop-up window for the mentioned EULA, Click accept. It’ll take you back to the standard Launchpad “Play” menu.
5c. Exit the Launchpad.

6. Open up EQ by bypassing the launcher.
6a. This is done by creating a desktop icon linked directly to your Everquest.exe
6b. Right-click your EQ Desktop Icon, and add “ patchme” to the end of the file path, make sure you have x1 “Space” between the last character in the path, and patchme.
6c. If you can’t figure this out, there are plenty of guides available! I’ll try and post a link to one of them here.

7. Congratulations, You can now log into your EQ account for the first time.

8. ALSO, MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN / SAVE ALL ACCOUNT INFORMATION; I would enter my accounts into an excel sheet kinda like this…

AcctName: berzerkeraccount123456
Password: Zerkragekill123456
SQA: BLANK
Email: [email protected] (Unverified)
- LvL 120 Zerk - NameOfZerker
- Full Raid Gear
- MAX AAs
Etc…

This seems like a lot of work but once it becomes repetition, it’s super easy.

5. PURCHASING EXPANSIONS / KRONOS / PayPal Etc…

General Information:

1. I recommend “maxing” characters out before making any purchases on the account. I’ve noticed the “verification popup” happens if you immediately start making purchases / activating Kronos. I was pretty quick at Power-Leveling toons, and even if I was in a hurry I’d still wait at least a few days before purchasing an expansion / using a Krono.
2. Always use a Krono before purchasing the Expansion. This does two things, one gives you a discount on the price, and two gives you a discount on the price.

KRONOS
1. Super simple, purchase Kronos via here / use your own / etc… Hand over your newly created account x1 Krono and pop it immediately. Don’t have Kronos delivered to your WTS accounts as this “potentially” increases the risks to them. Remember, we’re wanting to sell clean, safe accounts people can purchase while minimizing every risk we can.

PURCHASING THE EXPANSION(s)

1. To purchase expansions, the method I use is by opening the in-game shopping menu and clicking the expansion purchase via there.
1a. This will sometimes make you enter a Zip-Code. Here’s my take on this. I have never been affected by entering anything within that pop-up box. I’ve typed in current zip codes, home of record zip codes, random zip codes, etc… Typically I use my HoR Zipcode; but I can say I have never been asked about this by DP, I never see it linked to anything, etc… I think they were using this at one point for some in-game billing zip code or something. Either way, just enter something you won’t forget easily so you can just tell your customer should they ever need it, but again, I’ve never seen/heard anything about this. Also, there’s literally no way to get around this, so there’s that too. XD

1b. Once you click on the purchase expansion, it will automatically open your default browser. This should now be the one and only time you “log in” to the account management.

2. HERES THE IMPORTANT INFO!!!
2a. DO NOT USE A CREDIT CARD.
2b. ALL PURCHASES SHOULD BE MADE VIA PAYPAL, and more specifically your PAYPAL BALANCE.
2c. Yes, that means already having the $40 or so in your PayPal balance. Using PayPal, then selecting to have it charged to a credit card, is still setting a credit card to the account. (If you call DP and they ask for original CC, they’ll want the one utilized on the first PayPal transaction, whereas if you use PayPal Balance instead, they won’t have any on file.)
2d. Once Purchase has been made via PayPal Balance, again immediately log out of the account, and close the Internet browser. Don’t go skimming through account management As this again, could potentially flag the account.

6. SELLING THE ACCOUNT:

So you’ve just finished Powerleveling that account up, and it’s ready to be sold. What’s next?

FIRSTLY; Avoid logging into the account you plan on selling for at least 3 - 5 days before you make the sale. Swapping IPs that fast may flag the sold (clean) account for an automatic ban. You’ve been warned.

1. Find a buyer, set up a deal, etc… Shouldn’t have to explain this part. Make sure it’s FriendsNFamily, Etc…
2. Once you receive payment and you’re ready to send account details over, I ALWAYS include a small set of instructions to the customers, especially new ones.
3. When you send account details over, before sending, make sure your buyer knows not to register on a phone / wait till they get to a computer. Ask for the email address they want to switch it over to.
4. When they attempt to change the unverified email, Everquest sends the verification email to the FIRST ONE set to the account. This is why you needed his new email.
5. As soon as you get that verification email, forward it to your customer, he will be able to click it / log into his account which in turn will verify the Original Email to his own.
NEW INFO ON STEP 4 & 5: Over the past X amount of months since writing this, it's safe to determine that this doesn't seem to be the "default" measure EQ is taking, but rather some potential security or website error. Out of roughly the past 10 accounts, only two did I have to utilize these two steps. However the fact that they still seem to be a chance happening, I'll leave them up here for future reference. Normally, once they enter their email address the "Verify Email" link will be sent to the buyers new email. If this happens you, the seller don't have to worry about 4 & 5. (09/2022)
6. Remind customers that while yes, they want to change all information ASAP on the accounts, sometimes it’s more beneficial to wait. You can also reassure your buyer by letting them know you’re the only one with the information to the account, and now that the email is theirs, they have no more worries about yank-backs. Letting them know this gives them the option of just swapping everything instantly, or spreading it out over a few days. Either way, this is ultimately the customer's decision.

7. WHAT TO DO WITH THE ACCOUNT INFORMATION:

Here’s my play, I have x2 Excel Sheets. 1 is titled To Be Sold. The other is SOLD SOLD SOLD.

When I create a new account, it goes into the first excel sheet. Once I sell it, I copy/paste it into the Second. Typically I add a -ECTunnelMember thing next to it so I know exactly who I sold that account to. This just helped me in case anything happened, I could immediately check, make sure I was talking to the right person, etc… I recommend hanging onto all account information for at least a few months before deleting it. This just acts as a slight safety net if customers have any issues on their end.

And that’s about everything!! Use this at any point as a reference guide. If more information comes to light I’ll update it here!!!

Changelog;
- September 16th - Updated Info on Email Transfers
- August 15th - Added IP Swap Warning
- June 29th - Added p99 / private server disclaimer.
- May 14th - Added Table of Contents
- May 6th Creation

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back