• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Beware buyer CB36115 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
This individual has issued a fraudulent chargeback through paypal after buying kronos from myself and at least one other seller. As of right now I have made several attempts to contact him, but he has yet to message me back but is frequently active on the forums. Should he fix this issue with myself and the others I will update this as resolved and delete it later.

Wanted to chime in and say he has also requested a fraudulent chargeback through PayPal for me as well. Reached out to him, but no response as of yet

What I would like to do is submit to paypal screenshots of his recent feedback and additionally provide the amounts and claim #'s of those he's trying to scam. If any who are being scammed by him would like to provide those please PM me

He has been dealt with, please forward your screenshots to myself or another baz admin of your paypal loss and any information like emails of the offender and any other information so that we can watch for him to try to gain access to RG again

i got scammed by someone on skype yesterday (going too fast and doing too many things at once and i accidentally went first LOL) and was able to quickly reverse the transaction by letting paypal know simply that i F+F'd the wrong email address. it looks like they already killed it out on my end. NEVER PAY WITH PAYPAL BALANCE just in case, always pay with a credit card with good fraud protection, even if there is a $17 fee or whatever. if paypal fails to refund you, you'll get a 2nd chance to get reimbursed from your credit company once the charge posts.

im very sorry to hear about this guys :( i remember this guy (and multiple people calling out this guy) from past phini baz threads. Kinda sucks to see this shit still going on. we are all easily 21+ (game is ancient, probably all OG players). noone should be doing petty shit like this

#hallmonitor spiropana

i wouldn't have known before this that chargebacks was possible on f and f
there is no way to have someone banned on paypal for fraud?

its case-by-case. i didn't do anything with the guy this thread is about, but i still get maybe a few thousand bucks in chargebacks a year from randoms. i have been doing this for a while, so i just factor it into my financials in advance now. i have a big ol CHARGEBACK/ LOSSES spot and i just throw 2k in there and if i'm under that, hey its a good year! its an unavoidable risk of RMT unfortunately.

99.9987% of the people i deal with are straight up regular folks just looking to buy and sell, but even i still get scammed occasionally.

much like dealing with daybreak CSR, it totally depends on who you get. i've called up PayPal and gotten a rep that barely spoke any english and in 30 seconds they just refund all my money, and then the next time i call it is a battle that lasts for weeks. totally random.

being as dumb as possible and sounding as old as possible does help. don't get into what you do. don't bother trying to explain virtual worlds or whatever, just act like a stupid robot that can barely answer questions and they tend to go a lot smoother. YMMV.

if you're using your credit card as a source of funding as you should be, bypass paypal entirely and call them. paypal is a very shady company and they're infamous for randomly locking accounts and freezing funds and stuff. often you'll win your chargeback case and still get nothing because your scammer already paid themselves from the compromised account and they leave it with 0 balance. credit card companies will eat the loss and refund you regardless much more often.

glad I'm not in that business id feel ripped off for almost nothing. what goes around comes around they will have their day.

Yeah, I personally am not verified but that's only because I paid to do it and was just too damn lazy to actually send in my info. But I've got enough feedback and all positive that is never really mattered. I actually considered not doing business with the guy but I thought to myself "surely if the two negatives were true they would've already banned him".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You need a police report or incident report from the police to claim fraud - which is handled separate from the teams that handle chargebacks. Both use the same data collection mechanisms, but fraud is defined differently on payment networks; its mainly for unauthorized use and generally requires you sign an affidavit.

Fraud is considered subjective until the police are involved.

I suppose all that trouble makes it not worth it..

An incident report is easy - you go to the police station, and have a conversation. Bring printouts. 10 to 15 min

What it really does is let the folks fighting for you do their job and prevent it from happening again.

Many bigger places have an online option, and pp has that on record. They are very good at fraud once their hands are untied.

Personally, if I was selling something big - if insist on a shipping address and mail them a small subjective item - like a mtg card - with tracking. The eq stuff is just a bonus. It gives you more teeth.

I'd also put a string from random.com on the pp invoice that they would have to give me in game to make the trade, and SS it. It completes the loop.

As recommended, always pay with a credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back