• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Question Best way to pay for initial game time if intending to sell account later ? (1 Viewer)

b_i_r_b

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried looking around for this info, but I guess I missed something.

Anyway, if I possibly want to sell an account ( TLP upcoming ) is it better to:

Buy krono from someone else and get my initial game time , or just use paypal ? According to some things I read on here, paypal doesn't seem to trace anything back to who owns the paypal account.
Basically it was noted that buying DB with paypal was in fact safe if you want to sell the account later.

Sorry in advance, I'm new to this. I did read the buy/selling faq.

If youre fully intending on selling the account, make a fresh email, register the Eq account to that new email and plan on giving the buyer full access to that email account. After that only use krono to pay for your sub, regardless how you get them. If possible, don’t set the sq/a either, will make the account much more trustworthy to a buyer if you take the steps above.

Thanks for the advice, that's kind of what I was thinking. I want the accounts to definitely be attractive. I run a VPN constantly, so that should be a bonus as well.

One word of warning about creating multiple accounts that are never registered...

Very rarely, but it definitely happens, you'll log in to one of your blank accounts, and it'll force you to register a phone number / SQA / verify the email. No joke. Now what I, and other account sellers around here that I've talked to about this do, just register that account to your own stuff, and make it a part of your army. There's literally no way of getting back into that specific account without following all of the verification steps. It sucks, but I also wouldn't recommend calling DP customer support about it.

All in all, I'd say I've lost roughly 10ish toons because of this. Some luckily were lower level so I didn't take too much of a hit. Others.... kinda hurt, so best be prepared for that!

EDIT: For example; you're maybe 2 more days away from finishing that $800 account or w/e.... and you go to log into him and bam, he is now (whether you like it or not) a fully registered account that either A. You find someone who trusts you to buy it for a fraction of that price, with the full understanding as soon as the transfer takes place the account risks being perma-banned (and then potentially jeopardizing the rest of your accounts). Or B. You just take the hit and throw him into your army. B. is usually the safer route, as for w/e reason, DP has already flagged this account for security reasons hence the increased risk.

Last edited:
One word of warning about creating multiple accounts that are never registered...

Very rarely, but it definitely happens, you'll log in to one of your blank accounts, and it'll force you to register a phone number / SQA / verify the email. No joke. Now what I, and other account sellers around here that I've talked to about this do, just register that account to your own stuff, and make it a part of your army. There's literally no way of getting back into that specific account without following all of the verification steps. It sucks, but I also wouldn't recommend calling DP customer support about it.

All in all, I'd say I've lost roughly 10ish toons because of this. Some luckily were lower level so I didn't take too much of a hit. Others.... kinda hurt, so best be prepared for that!

EDIT: For example; you're maybe 2 more days away from finishing that $800 account or w/e.... and you go to log into him and bam, he is now (whether you like it or not) a fully registered account that either A. You find someone who trusts you to buy it for a fraction of that price, with the full understanding as soon as the transfer takes place the account risks being perma-banned (and then potentially jeopardizing the rest of your accounts). Or B. You just take the hit and throw him into your army. B. is usually the safer route, as for w/e reason, DP has already flagged this account for security reasons hence the increased risk.
Yea I'm not sure what I'm going to end up doing, but I thought about maining a druid for this TLP and then I was like... well shit when I get bored I could just powerlevel some accounts and sell them since rat ears is RIP.

However, if it's going to be a potential PITA maybe I'll just 2-3 box and farm krono. Seems more consistent, but as you said.... just try them and if you get prompted, well then just keep them, if they don't get prompted...sell them.

So probably doing a few combined things would be good.

@b_i_r_b I definitely wasn't trying to scare you away!!!! I'm talking out of the 100s+ (insert random number generator you'll never catch me DarkPaw) I've had maybe 10ish have that happen to it.

I just mean if you're planning on being a bulk seller, it's a good idea to take profit loss into consideration from the beginning. I got blindsided with that knowledge on a pretty huge account of mine I was hoping to eventually sell once I got bored of the game. Got hit with the prompt on log-in, and spent the next probably 4 - 5 hours of research / messaging here / messaging on discord with various sellers to eventually learn everything I put up in that post. xD

It was more of a "if this happens to you don't freak out" kind of gesture.

@b_i_r_b I definitely wasn't trying to scare you away!!!! I'm talking out of the 100s+ (insert random number generator you'll never catch me DarkPaw) I've had maybe 10ish have that happen to it.

I just mean if you're planning on being a bulk seller, it's a good idea to take profit loss into consideration from the beginning. I got blindsided with that knowledge on a pretty huge account of mine I was hoping to eventually sell once I got bored of the game. Got hit with the prompt on log-in, and spent the next probably 4 - 5 hours of research / messaging here / messaging on discord with various sellers to eventually learn everything I put up in that post. xD

It was more of a "if this happens to you don't freak out" kind of gesture.
Yea that's definitely the vibe I got. Definitely not discouraged at all. One thing leads to another so if I really end up getting into this who knows lol.

Is there a general rule on how long to let bulk krono sit on an alt account until you try to sell it ? I meant to address that in my regular post, I'm sure a search would tell me, but since I'm here, also things can change.

Also, is it risky for me to give krono to accounts I want to level from my main play accounts ? I'm ASSUMING yes.

1. That's probably a question best suited for someone like @Diamond Krono as I don't really sell too many Kronos.

2. When I purchase Kronos I always have them sent to a random account/character and then distributed over time as needed. Never had an issue with doing it that way. But we're talking maybe 20 Kronos a month. So again, best ask someone like DK about the ins and outs of Krono stuff.

Rule #1. If you plan on possibly selling the account at a later date, you never register the email. You bypass the login.

That would be incorrect.

You will be unable to change emails until the first email is registered AND verified.

They recently changed their process or whatever they want to call it. I lost a few accounts since their original emails were entered incorrectly ([email protected]) and stuff like that.
Unless the initial email is verified, you aint changing any emails.

Never register / verify the email you use to create it. Once you transfer ownership of account, have customer change email, you then forward the verification link email to the new email address. They click it, emails changed. That’s the only way around it currently. (without creating a new email account per EQ account and just handing email login to customers.)

If you verify the first email, then technically that is the Original Email to the account, or, no longer a blank account. This can cause problems if they ever have to get in-touch with customer support. One of the first things they’d ask for is the original email, which is the first verified one.

But yes, always double check you typed in emails correctly or you’ll never be able to verify / change email. This is kind of a no-brainer.

Last edited:
There's literally no difference in having the customer click the forwarded link, or you verifying it on day 1. Whatever you feel comfortable with, the end result is on any sold account the email entered during creation will need to be verified, to change it from that email. I would contend that unless the account owner was giving me the initial email, that I wouldn't be interested.

There's literally no difference in having the customer click the forwarded link, or you verifying it on day 1. Whatever you feel comfortable with, the end result is on any sold account the email entered during creation will need to be verified, to change it from that email. I would contend that unless the account owner was giving me the initial email, that I wouldn't be interested.

I promise you there is a difference. When you click verify, you are saying that the email YOU typed in, is the first, original, registered email.

If you forward the link to your customer, the first email address is never verified, so the second email that the customer does verify, is now the original, registered, first email associated to the account.

I know this because in my earlier days of selling, I had to help a couple of customers because they were doing whatever via customer support, and they couldn’t tell them the original email because it was originally verified to my own.

You can also test this theory by contacting DP on an unverified email account address, let them know you had a typo and can’t verify it, and they’ll change it for you to the new one. If it’s verified, you’re SOL.

IE: Right now, if you were to contact customer support and request them change an account back to the original email, it would go to your original email. If I were to contact customer support and request them change it back to the original email, it goes to theirs. Verified is permanent. Unverified is not.

Last edited:
Maybe you haven't seen them tightening down, but I've had to help dozens of people who didn't bother to change the account info and/or email before they changed their policies. I still get people who message me asking "hey what was the email information again?". When they try to change emails, they are not given the option - they are lead to an SQ/A screen, and when they complete that, an email goes to the email the account was setup with.

As you suggested, sure, you can forward that email back to them. But its still verifying the email you made the account with. It doesn't matter if you click 'verify', if I click 'verify', or if redbot clicks 'verify' - its still verifying that exact email address. Unless you give the customer the email account, they never will have full security as that email account is all it would take to reclaim said account.

Negative. I understand what you're saying. But I guarantee you. Having your customer click the verification email that you forward them, from their email, automatically verifies their email, and deletes yours.

Just went back and checked.

CHANGING YOUR EMAIL? OPEN TO CONFIRM YOUR REQUEST​

Hello SOLD ACCOUNT,
Thanks for keeping us up to date! Your email address was changed from MY EMAIL to CUSTOMERS EMAIL on March date, year time PM PDT.
Just as an extra safety measure, we need you to confirm your request. Click the link below and you’ll be all set.
Verify now!
Thanks!
The Daybreak Game Company team
daybreakgames.com

This was roughly 2 weeks ago.

Unverified Email address changed to Customers Email.

I get that email from DB, and forwarded it directly to him, as he's already logged into the account on his computer, he clicks the Verify Now! Link, the screen refreshes, it goes from MY EMAIL(unverified) to CUSTOMERS EMAIL(Verified!) instantly. DB sees his IP address both requesting the change and verifying the change all in one.

EDIT: Either way, verifying or setting ANY information on the account makes it a non-clean account. Even if it's something weird behind the scenes that DB knows about and we don't, why not just do it the best way possible?

Negative. I understand what you're saying. But I guarantee you. Having your customer click the verification email that you forward them, from their email, automatically verifies their email, and deletes yours.

Just went back and checked.

CHANGING YOUR EMAIL? OPEN TO CONFIRM YOUR REQUEST​

Hello SOLD ACCOUNT,
Thanks for keeping us up to date! Your email address was changed from MY EMAIL to CUSTOMERS EMAIL on March date, year time PM PDT.
Just as an extra safety measure, we need you to confirm your request. Click the link below and you’ll be all set.
Verify now!
Thanks!
The Daybreak Game Company team
daybreakgames.com

This was roughly 2 weeks ago.

Unverified Email address changed to Customers Email.

I get that email from DB, and forwarded it directly to him, as he's already logged into the account on his computer, he clicks the Verify Now! Link, the screen refreshes, it goes from MY EMAIL(unverified) to CUSTOMERS EMAIL(Verified!) instantly. DB sees his IP address both requesting the change and verifying the change all in one.
This is also my understanding.

Yeah, I'm also not accusing you @tbone77 of anything wrong here or intentionally selling dirty accounts or anything like that. Haha.

I'm just saying for the account to be entirely clean before the sale, the only person in the world that can physically click that Verify Now link is your customer.

I understand, just wanted to provide clarity for others with a shared interest. I will never claim to know it all, I can only add insight. On my end, I had quite alot of backtracking (about 40 accounts) to get emails verified so the customer could change it over.

I get the outcome is what youre after (Customer clicks verifies, and changes it over to his email in one fell swoop). It appears as though two things occur:
-Initial email gets verified
-Email gets switched to second email

Thus, once you hit refresh, it shows as only ever being his.

The question becomes, in the event the account is compromised, what e-mail is successful is recovering the account?

Well that's what I mean. xD. If that happens "behind the scenes" it doesn't matter. If you recover the account, it goes to the the person who clicked the verify links email.

Hey bractos,

Any proof of this? CS seemed adamant that it is always tied to the account used to sign up with when i tried to recover.

The original email is the email to sign up the account with. I mean if someone has tangible proof of either side, right now it's just a logics debate, and both sides are as equally possible of being "right".

I'd like to know so I can plan the correct transfer of accounts, as cleanly as possible, to the people I work with.

Sent A bunch of stuff to ya via PM, but biggest thing for everyone I found is…

C56E138C-C8F0-42E3-A5FA-0529D9ED2571.jpeg

I’m honestly thinking this whole, require you to click verify before email is changed to the customers isn’t an additional security precaution, but an unresolved bug on their end.

EDIT: I know this isn’t exact proof of what you’re asking for, (sent you some stuff in PMs) but this does confirm DB acknowledging they have their own public issues with their email / email verification system. I’m thinking the emailed verification link is definitely a workaround, it’s just an unintentional workaround due to their bugged system.

It just hit me. xD

The Verification thing on changing emails isn't a security measure, it's a bug. I just remembered x2 of the accounts I recently sold I didn't have to forward any email, they received the verification email to their new address. It's not a bugged security measure, it's just a bug, lol.

It's been awhile since I've sold accounts, but why wouldn't you just create a fresh email account, give away that email account with the in game account you are selling?

They can take over the email, add multi factor authentication to it, etc.

I used to always do this, and this is also how people sell accounts like for P99.

Way more secure, zero way of Daybreak tracking the email change, etc. They add their own SQA to the in game account, and also MFA to the email, and every one is happy.

Once again, it's been a solid 2+ years since I've done this. But I never once had an issue with doing this method.

EDIT: I believe if you also verify the email at the beginning, that random prompt for setting a SQA doesn't happen. It's when you mess with unverified accounts that you can get slapped with that (this has happened to me on an unverified account and lost a few hundred dollars from it sadly.)

In regards to getting hit with 2fa.. the only times I ever get 2fa forced is when I make 6 accounts without trying to hide it. They usually get flagged after 1 day. And basically any banker toon that I move krono to. Also it felt like every time I went to test server and came back, I would get some accounts forced to 2fa.

I have probably at least 30 or 40 2fa accounts by now.

I don't sell too many accounts so it's fine for me. Only annoying when their 2fa website is down or the fact you can't even 2fa all 6 accounts in 1 day.

You have to log in through the patcher at least once on new accounts now?

Yes, the EUA is part of the patcher.

You only need to set SQ/A **IF** you dont verify right away. If you set it up with the dummy email account, and hand over upon sale, they have complete ownership of everything

You have to log in through the patcher at least once on new accounts now?

Correct. If you create a new account via the EQ website, skip Launcher, and just try to log into the new account w/ the regular EQ log-in window.… You’ll get some weird Pop-up that says something along the lines of... “This account does not have an active subscription to play Everquest, please renew membership before logging in.“ Or something like that. You don’t actually have to have an active sub, it’s just EQs way of forcing you to log-in through the Launcher.

Same thing in the guide. Log in to new account via Launcher, DO NOT CLICK PLAY. Accept the EULA and close out of launcher. Then go back to log-in to EQ through the bypass Launcher Icon, and it’ll allow you to log-in np.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back