• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

ALERT: Sellers and buyers being banned by Daybreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

Staff member
Pronouns
He/Him
Rating - 93.6%
43   3   1
Daybreak has increased their banning of RMT accounts. At the moment, it appears they're targeting large-scale sellers, suppliers and buyers. They seem to be following tactics used by Project 1999: banning the buyers as well as sellers.

Now would be a good time to review our "safety from GMs" recommendations:

• Big sellers can pose a risk - When a large seller is busted by GMs, many of their buyers are banned as well. Large sellers sometimes buy from suppliers who acquire goods through methods that anger Daybreak. Redguides recommends you purchase only from sellers who acquire their items through safe gameplay.
  • Use a VPN - The first rule of GM safety is to keep any information linking your RMT mules and main accounts to a minimum. Your IP is something that should never be linked. We recommend a VPN from PrivateInternetAccess or running your own via streisand. Both are popular among legit EQ players.
  • Don't list all items - If you're selling an account, don't post too much identifying information about the character, especially if they have unique items.
  • Cover your tracks - Delete your thread when the sale is complete to cover up any tracks you may have left. All users can delete their own posts and threads. Don't post that "100k plat sold" as GM's can search their logs for any 100k plat transfers that day.
  • Don't publicly post your email - Don't publicly post any unique information (skype, facebook, etc.) that could be linked to your game account, especially your username and email. If you need a name change, check the redcent shop.
  • Read the RMT ABC's for P99 - Read the entire thread before doing any RMT on P99, which contains good advice for all RMT in general.
  • Be careful with Skype - It's trivial to get someone's IP from their skype username.
  • Let the items rest - Before transferring items to your beloved main account, consider letting them "rest" on a mule account for awhile.

Tips to avoid scammers here:
https://www.redguides.com/forums/threads/25787-How-to-trade-safely-Bazaar-FAQ-Rules-Scams-etc

If you have any other recommendations, ideas or comments to add, please do so here.

Last edited:
I would add:

Don't buy a ton of krono and hold them. If you're one of the buyers here with 10-15 positive feedback from krono transactions from the last 7-10 days or so, your ban risk goes way up. Only purchase what you need and use them/convert them to plat ASAP. The more people you involve in your trade, the better. Daybreak is still Daybreak as the Agnarr launch showed. They're struggling with the basics and don't want to ban everyone on earth because they need money.

Don't trade krono in large quantities to an empty window. I would trade quantities under ten at a time for somewhat valuable items, then drop the items to return them.

Likewise don't parcel 20 at a time, parcel 5 at a time from 4 characters to 4 different characters. It sucks, but it is safer. Insist your seller trade you from their veteran account. Level 1's parceling krono are a thing of the past now. Daybreak auto-bans them after 50-100 or so.

Buy from small sellers right now. Big guys like me have a target on their back. GM Remdag is on a mission to kill out large scale RMT. Small active players that also buy and sell pose less risk.

REMEMBER that RMT in any game is a risk. You're saving money but it comes with other costs. If you choose to buy or sell and take a ban, half of it is on you. Supporting Daybreak by buying krono straight from them is expensive and takes a damn eternity sometimes, but safer. Even that isn't 100% safe right now as their charge-back retaliation is blanket bans. If you miss a payment on your account or accidentally overdraft or charge back a DB Cash purchase, you'll be auto-banned on every account your IP has touched going back at least 50 days and you'll have to appeal it.

As far as this site's security goes, we're staying up to date on patches and only two users have access to your IP on redguides: Maskoi and myself. Other mods/admins cannot view your IP, unless you're sharing the same IP with another account or are a known scammer or doing something screwy.

Last edited:
[*]Don't list all items - If you're selling an account, don't post too much identifying information about the character, especially if they have unique items.

This is probably the biggest one. I found out from a good source that DBG is checking RMT sites now and will blanket ban if caught.

Last edited:
Don't trade krono in large quantities to an empty window. I would trade quantities under ten at a time for somewhat valuable items, then drop the items to return them.

I remember years ago trying to do trades by dropping things and someone else picking up. I have personal experience with getting suspended for RMT and when talking to the GM he told me exactly what I dropped and what was picked up and that they treated it no different than any other RMT in terms of punishment or even in difficulty of tracking it. Maybe he was BSing a bit? I don't know but it certainly didn't stop me from getting hit. Keep in mind this was a long time ago...Luclin era maybe or earlier.

So my point is that I'm skeptical that dropping items for someone else to pick up is in any way useful. If they're already looking at your trade (alerted by amount or some other reason), I don't think it is difficult for them to put 2 and 2 together with the whole dropping and picking up tactic.

HaHa, I remember dropping a bag in Qeynos once about 15 years ago so that I could log another toon in and pick it up. I was in a little house room. I drop the item and sit to camp and at about 5 seconds to camp I see an emote. Guard so and so has found something interesting on the street, why do people litter the streets or something to that effect. I was the only one in the zone at the time and when I logged my other toon in the bag was gone. Never forget it. lol

HaHa, I remember dropping a bag in Qeynos once about 15 years ago so that I could log another toon in and pick it up. I was in a little house room. I drop the item and sit to camp and at about 5 seconds to camp I see an emote. Guard so and so has found something interesting on the street, why do people litter the streets or something to that effect. I was the only one in the zone at the time and when I logged my other toon in the bag was gone. Never forget it. lol

I'd log in an army of toons and put Qeynos under siege

I'd log in an army of toons and put Qeynos under siege

haha, nice... that sounds like something I need to do (create a bunch of evil race toons and slaughter all the good cities). It would have been more fun when people actually WENT to those cities... these days they're ghost towns.

Back in 1999-2000, I did this all the time in Felwithe. There was a great spot way back in the secret tunnels on a ledge. If I recall, there was even a guard nearby. Never once lost a bag. I was more worried about being followed into the tunnels and someone else grabbing it.

Me, too!

I was in Ak Anon with my first wizard. I thought that dropped bags would stay forever. Then I "watch as a vacuum cleaner hose comes out of the wall and sucks up loose trash."

I had this same thing happen to me when I first started on vallon zek. Friend gave me a bunch of items. dropped them on the ground saw the same emote...in Qeynos as well.

I was lost in Shadow Haven and went into a room and found a large bag on the floor. I picked it up and looked in it. Good stuff! As I stood there, wondering what to do, a character logged in and asked me about it. I gave it to him. He didn't thank me. When I mentioned that he said, "Why should I thank you for doing the right thing?" ><

Once, I found $1100 in small bills outside the student union. I turned that in and the owner didn't thank me then either.

I dont think it's auto ban level 1s after 50-100 krono. I recently traded 6 krono from a level 1 agnarr trader on Ip#1, to a free vox level 1 account on IP#2, then traded those to make 6 new accounts on IP#3 and 24 hours later they banned all 3 accounts saying I sold/bought krono (kinda funny since it was my own earned krono eh). It's definitely about level 1s though, I think more about the amount of trades not the volume and what server you do it on.

I also wouldnt use Private Internet Access as I used that in the past when I got banned on many accounts so unless the IP's arent static for each location, which seemed to be at the time I used it.

They arent very consistent either. I started a different 6 box team with 6 krono, and they banned 2 of them a week later, saying I received "cash for krono" reseller's krono, I asked them why they only banned 2 and not all 6 if that was the case, which it was not since it was a friend giving me krono to start a 6 box team and since I received 6 krono in one stack face to face trade it made no sense. Remdag couldnt give me an answer, instead after I kept asking for further clarification - he banned my IP/account from the support site. Great customer service. I also tweeted them incase it was just Remdag being an asshole (because he is - youll see) and even their @daybreakhelp ignored my tweets once I said what my ticket # was.

At the rate they're going they wont have any customers, its no wonder it takes them 7 days sometimes to reply to ban appeals - its like its only remdag handling it and their algorithm is banning people faster than he can reply - so he says YOURE GUILTY - solved ticket - wait another 7 days.

Use my experience as you will. I dont want to post too much since its public and I dont have level 2.

Just had all of my accounts banned - reason given "we believe they exchanged hands" so it had to be one of my recent purchases over the last two weeks.

The bummer is this included my two main accounts from 02' that were RMT free and haven't been active in over a year. Oh well no desire to start over or invest more cash so I guess that's bye to EQ.

Careful trading dudes.

Just had all of my accounts banned - reason given "we believe they exchanged hands" so it had to be one of my recent purchases over the last two weeks.

The bummer is this included my two main accounts from 02' that were RMT free and haven't been active in over a year. Oh well no desire to start over or invest more cash so I guess that's bye to EQ.

Careful trading dudes.

Horrible human being avoid at all cost

You have that in your feed back from 7/8... something go south and they report you?

Horrible human being avoid at all cost

You have that in your feed back from 7/8... something go south and they report you?

Who knows. A friend that bought a couple of accounts off of playerauctions got hit with the same thing, but not all of his accounts got banned. If what Razzrr is saying is true then it's possible I got hit because I had added 2 step auth on accounts I actively used which would explain my non rmt/non actives getting lumped in.

I had a lot of accounts banned last month, they just hit a few more. I'm done with this game, they basically stole over $1000 from me. My fault though. I get it, the risk we take right! 17 years, time to put this game in the past for good. See you soon Pantheon! And thanks for all the help Redbot / Redguides etc.

I just had 2 accounts that I bought a day ago or so get banned, while playing. DBG can fuck themselves with a sharp stick

When I got the accounts, they had all kinds of warnings and popups about requiring a phone number, then requiring email confirmation.. somethings saying "unusual activity". I don't know, but seller said it was perfectly normal. I wonder about that now. 40ish bard, 40ish druid

Daybreak is banning anyone who adds a payment source from a different country, other than the country to which it was created. Be Warned.

So I have to ask...have these bans really been targeting AFK players, RMT trades for KR and items, or is this an overall account selling crackdown? I have a limited sample and strong bias, but I would like to think it's the account swapping that is causing bans and the AFK/KR/item RMT seem outliers.

I believe the two accounts I bought were already flagged before I got them. The seller said that all the warning popups about unusual activity with the account, etc etc was totally normal because they started the account with a krono and didnt put in a SQA, but I have 3 accounts I started on Agnarr that have no SQA or confirmed email. I got played, as it goes when buying from people who do this shit fulltime. The seller said they had another customer affected, so it looks like DBG is either following these boards and matching up data, or something else.

Good luck

*EDIT hours later: Looks like others are saying the popup notifications are normal. Maybe they wait for you to put in info and then track those small number of accounts every day? Either way, lesson learned. RIP, eq dead to me now

Last edited:
I believe the two accounts I bought were already flagged before I got them. The seller said that all the warning popups about unusual activity with the account, etc etc was totally normal because they started the account with a krono and didnt put in a SQA, but I have 3 accounts I started on Agnarr that have no SQA or confirmed email. I got played, as it goes when buying from people who do this shit fulltime. The seller said they had another customer affected, so it looks like DBG is either following these boards and matching up data, or something else.

Good luck

It actually is perfectly normal for them to say that. All of my accounts that i havent put two step on yet say that

So I recently had 13 accounts banned. Some as old as 14 years old that I haven't logged into for 2+ years.

I was mostly buying/selling Krono, and not everyday either. Once a week or so.

I never delivered on an account linked to my main accounts, and I always connected my delivery accounts over a VPN. I'm still not sure how they linked my main accounts to my Redguides business accounts, but somehow they all got flagged.

Two other people in my guild also had all of their accounts banned. We all got the same cookie cutter response from GM Remdag.

Banning accounts with lots of Krono on them is good business for Daybreak. Krono are basically paid for subscriptions that haven't been redeemed that they are basically deleting. Its like Walmart selling GiftCards to their stores then canceling them before they can be used. Every Krono Daybreak deletes is free money in their pocket.

This is the motivation behind these recent crack down, and I suspect it will continue to get worse. I'm sure Remdag gets himself a gold star or a bonus for every $1000 worth of Krono he can justify banning.
Did you participate in buying / selling of accounts at all?

Can we lock this thread in a member only section? I would like to add input to this but not so daybreak can come read what I have figured out thus far... Level 2 or something of that nature.

Can we lock this thread in a member only section? I would like to add input to this but not so daybreak can come read what I have figured out thus far... Level 2 or something of that nature.

Its not like they can't get level 2 access with minimal effort.

Need a forum where your employer is verified as well...

Banning accounts with lots of Krono on them is good business for Daybreak. Krono are basically paid for subscriptions that haven't been redeemed that they are basically deleting. Its like Walmart selling GiftCards to their stores then canceling them before they can be used. Every Krono Daybreak deletes is free money in their pocket.

This is the motivation behind these recent crack down, and I suspect it will continue to get worse. I'm sure Remdag gets himself a gold star or a bonus for every $1000 worth of Krono he can justify banning.

Not sure what Remdag's issue is, but he must have some motivation for what he's doing. (Monetary?) All he does is hurt the playerbase though, he's not doing anything helpful. It's really pathetic. And yes, I have noticed that they tend to ban accounts holding a lot of krono. From what I hear, one of the largest tradeskill/farmers got banned as well on Agnarr, and he had hundreds of krono.

Not sure what Remdag's issue is, but he must have some motivation for what he's doing. (Monetary?) All he does is hurt the playerbase though, he's not doing anything helpful. It's really pathetic. And yes, I have noticed that they tend to ban accounts holding a lot of krono. From what I hear, one of the largest tradeskill/farmers got banned as well on Agnarr, and he had hundreds of krono.

100% targeting high krono accounts. I just got banned myself had over 150 krono and got hit with a bogus AFK play claim. Literally got booted as I was playing without warning. Account was 17 years old, never suspended for anything and I legit wasn't even AFK playing. I have never even sold anything off EQ live server. Really shitty and shady but great business for them. All they have to do is wait for players to accumulate a big stash of krono then throw bogus charges at them claiming they were reported with zero supporting evidence.

Yea these tool bags are on a banning spree. Had an account summoned asked in pic what's going on and he said to late. Told me I shouldn't be ask when I was playing manually, never received a tell or an attempt to talk just summon and ban.

100% targeting high krono accounts. I just got banned myself had over 150 krono and got hit with a bogus AFK play claim. Literally got booted as I was playing without warning. Account was 17 years old, never suspended for anything and I legit wasn't even AFK playing. I have never even sold anything off EQ live server. Really shitty and shady but great business for them. All they have to do is wait for players to accumulate a big stash of krono then throw bogus charges at them claiming they were reported with zero supporting evidence.

Holy fuck, is that a ban or suspension? I feel your pain as I've had something similar happen. I bought a TBM expansion code from a guy on PA auctions and that account got hit in the ban wave because of the seller doing a chargeback. I had 125ish Krono on that account. Luckily they reversed that ban for everyone and just gave a warning about buying expansion codes. That whole week were the account was banned I was strongly considering just letting go of EQ. Its not fun loosing 100+ krono like that.

I learned my lesson after that, and only put a max of 10-15 on each account now, split out over 100ish accounts. Something to consider in the future.

Honestly, I don't think Daybreak cares about the buying and selling of accounts. IMO, it's more about money laundering and identity theft. When somebody buys a boatload of kronos, and then gets flagged for a felony like identity theft, the original victim can dispute the charges and Daybreak is out the money AND the kronos. It's all about money. How else do you think people sell kronos for less than the sale price? It's just like buying a stereo off the back of a truck. You know it's 'hot' (stolen) and then you gripe when it comes back to bite you. If Daybreak got their $17.99, then they wouldn't care if somebody resold it for less than that.

If you don't want to get screwed, then don't buy hot merchandise. Don't blame the thief. It was your judgement that got you screwed. Sorry to sound harsh, or maybe this sounds rude to some of you, but take responsibility for your own actions, please. Buy stolen merch, especially when you know that the transaction is being logged by the victim (DayBreak), and get a target painted on your butt. It's that simple. Isn't it?

EDIT: My career is in information security and bank security. I guess this all sounds obvious to me, where it wouldn't to some. Think of it this way. "Dude, I just bought some great shit out of the trunk of this guy's car. Then, I called up the original owner and bragged that I now own his stolen stuff." It sounds pretty unwise when I put it that way, I hope. My intent is to make you think twice before you act. Think like an investigator. Is there any link to me and the crime? You just need to be extra careful until the heat is off. Those old cop shows should teach us something. ;-)

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think Daybreak cares about the buying and selling of accounts. IMO, it's more about money laundering and identity theft. When somebody buys a boatload of kronos, and then gets flagged for a felony like identity theft, the original victim can dispute the charges and Daybreak is out the money AND the kronos. It's all about money. How else do you think people sell kronos for less than the sale price? It's just like buying a stereo off the back of a truck. You know it's 'hot' (stolen) and then you gripe when it comes back to bite you. If Daybreak got their $17.99, then they wouldn't care if somebody resold it for less than that.

If you don't want to get screwed, then don't buy hot merchandise. Don't blame the thief. It was your judgement that got you screwed. Sorry to sound harsh, or maybe this sounds rude to some of you, but take responsibility for your own actions, please. Buy stolen merch, especially when you know that the transaction is being logged by the victim (DayBreak), and get a target painted on your butt. It's that simple. Isn't it?

EDIT: My career is in information security and bank security. I guess this all sounds obvious to me, where it wouldn't to some. Think of it this way. "Dude, I just bought some great shit out of the trunk of this guy's car. Then, I called up the original owner and bragged that I now own his stolen stuff." It sounds pretty unwise when I put it that way, I hope. My intent is to make you think twice before you act. Think like an investigator. Is there any link to me and the crime? You just need to be extra careful until the heat is off. Those old cop shows should teach us something. ;-)

This is without a doubt the most ignorant post on this thread. People selling Krono for less because that is the market value and they earn those Krono legitimately by earning them in game so they can sell them for whatever they will sell for and make a profit.

Just because someone steals a truck load of $20 bills and floods them into the economy and I end up with some of them from inadvertently from working my job...doesn't make me a criminal, or mean I should be arrested for spending money that was laundered by someone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back