• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Agnew1990 - Krono - Transaction Reversal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 99.1%
113   1   0
Username(s) of the accused
Agnew1990
Link to transaction thread
Scott DaleYesterday at 16:17 Hello, It looks like one of the persons that provided these krono did a reversal, which removed all the krono from the system. Regards, Scott Dale Customer Service Manager/Fraud Manager Daybreak Games
Value of property in dispute
$50 USD
Hello,

Regrettably I need some help. Last week I purchased 5x Krono from user 'Agnew1990' - he is currently promoting Kronos, and PLs / AAs.

3-4 days after our deal (which went well, fast delivery, etc), I noticed that the Krono was missing in game. Naturally, I filed a report in game as my Krono's went *poof*.

The response from the GM:

Scott DaleYesterday at 16:17
Hello,

It looks like one of the persons that provided these krono did a reversal, which removed all the krono from the system.

Regards,
Scott Dale
Customer Service Manager/Fraud Manager
Daybreak Games

Up until this point, I was not even aware people could do a Krono reversal.

I have since reached out to the seller who is refusing to do anything. The product I bought from him is obviously unusable, as either he directly (or indirectly by chain) had the kronos "reversed". Is there any recourse, or am I screwed out of the purchase as someone who handled the Krono before me did a reversal? Any recovery of my money?

he transaction was completed eight days ago. Screenshot of delivery note.
Refund PolicyBefore delivery only
I can say for sure. Our sellers can't take back the goods.

Attachments

• QQ图片20200112002220.png
    QQ图片20200112002220.png
    186 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I'll throw my 2 cents in here real quick.
A. I've bought Krono from Agnew before and have not once had any issue such as this. It doesn't make sense that he personally bought Krono from DB for 18 bucks a pop, just to turn around and sell them for half of that, reverse the charges, get his accounts banned, and ruin his business, etc... This was probably some weird situation where the original buyer of the kronos reversed the transaction either after selling them to Agnew, or however they ended up in Agnews hands.

EDIT: Agnew's also a verified seller, so DOXing himself over 50 bucks wouldn't add up either.

B. Agnew, as much as having proof is great, I would definitely edit, at least block most of the names out of your chat messages and keep the original unedited photo private. I wouldn't be surprised if DB employees browse these forums. Which could potentially put yourself, and other customers into jeopardy. I take screenshots of my transactions as well, but would only send the Moderators here the original screenshots of those if it was needed.

That being said, hope this all works out. Cheers.

FINAL EDIT: Another slight piece of advice Tbone, and for any Krono buyer out there, is to only buy what you need when it comes to Krono. As soon as I purchase Krono it's either being used immediately, or sold for plat etc.. I've never felt comfortable with Kronos with unknown origins hanging in my account for too long, to specifically avoid this problem. Some might say that's callous as you should retain what you've purchased, which I agree with. However when it comes to Kronos you can never be exactly sure who originally purchased them, and they are "serialized" and tracked by DB. All that being said, I had 1 extra Krono I purchased from Agnew about a week or so ago that is still sitting on the account it's been on. So in a sense, it sort of proves his innocence.

Last edited:
I would imagine it is something beyond Agnew's control, hence why I am asking if there is any recourse or recovery possible. Perhaps it was not him directly - I don't really know the cause. I simply know the effect is that the Kronos I had bought, I cannot do anything as something outside of my control as a buyer was initiated, resulting in a defective product and no return. As a buyer, am I simply screwed out of my money because the seller (or someone before the seller) defected the agreement?

Bractos, I do hear your advice and had every intent to do just that. I was looking to sell the Krono to get some plat to move forward. I would not think 4 days after purchase that my Krono would simply vanish.

I'm not a moderator so don't want to tell you a "yes or no" answer. I'm just stating my own observations is all. Think if Agnew was at fault, I would've lost my Krono, as well as more of his other customers. That's mainly my TLDR point here. If you asked whether or not i'd consider Agnew a "scammer" because of this? I'd have to say no, and that it sounds like an unfortunate event. Again though, without any sort of insider information or proof of anything, it's hard to go off of anything other than conjecture.

I don't think he is a scammer or what have you either. Clearly hes running a business and doing well at it.

I think something shitty happened along the line, which simply put leaves me shit out of luck.

Not sure if there is something that can be done. Feels shitty AF and I feel duped, I spent money I shouldn't have to try to get a leg up, and literally its thrown away. All because somewhere along the line, someone did a Krono reversal which left me stranded.

Posting here as reference. Looking forward to working something out and will provide whatver you would like to assist. Not sure if I will get anything but really not sure what to do as I am left with nothing. Appreciate anyone looking into this.

Coinstop, I mentioned in the PM - once I hit my 30 limit max in conversation, is there another method to respond to you? Discord?

Resolution was found - Agnew refunded half the money. We both take the hit from dirty Krono up the chain.

Appreciate the help. Not ideal, but best case i think.

Just touching base with the community on this:

This was the first charge back for krono I've seen.... and I thought I had seen it all.
What it comes down to is resellers responsibility to source products safely. If someone sells an account they purchased from someone else and the original owner reclaims it - Im sure we can all agree that the seller owes the buyer a refund. This is also the case for krono sales.

We hold all sellers responsible , regardless of the refund policy they have set on any transactions that result in any type of short comings for the buyer that were preventable by the seller.
That being said, at this time Agnew is still a productive and honest member of the community that just so happened to purchase from an untrustworthy seller resulting in issues in the resale and made things mostly right with his buyer.

We ask the community to please be vigilant in keeping a safe trading environment . Re sellers, please always be weary of who you are sourcing good from.

Special thanks to @bractos45 for holding down the fort on this report and giving advice while I was out of town yesterday.

To me a lot of it comes down to how up front you are in your post. If you don't tell people that the account is second hand, or if you don't tell people the krono is 2nd or third hand, then you should be on the hook for it. If you do, then I can't really hold you responsible. Also, it isn't hard to let krono sit on a different account and age a month or two before you sell it. I would think there is a definite limit on how long you can wait to chargeback to Daybreak Games.

Honestly I don’t think there is, as it’s the banks discretion, not DBs. And I get what you mean about sellers being upfront. But considering Its safe to say none of them are purchasing Krono for 18 bucks a pop, just to sell them for half of that here, that all Kronos sold here (and other 3rd part sites) are 2nd, 3rd, etc hand.
Like Coin said, this is the first I’ve seen / heard of this happening. I’ve also always figured it’s a very real possibility though. Without going into detail, it’s not hard to figure out how one could rip DB off for Kronos just to get in game plat or whatever from people before reversing charges.

From what I have always read was that if you reversed charges on Daybreak, they banned your account. I wonder what happens if someone is selling krono and the account they sell it from is banned for RMT? Do they (by they I mean Daybreak Games) go back and reverse krono on people in a situation like that?

I would think so. Again, without going into detail, it'd be easy to figure out how to use VPNs / mule accounts if you were wanting to rip off DB, which is why I also think it's safe to assume that's why they remove any and all Krono involved with reversed charges, as they wouldn't be able to tell legitimate buyers from separate mule accounts.

EDITED: Not relevant anymore.

Basically, I think buying / selling Kronos now-a-days is safe. There's always that one tool that tries and ruins it, but again, this is the first i've seen it happen.

Last edited:
Appreciate everyones patience and insight while this is worked through. I've talked to many people who use Agnew regularly and if my posts prior were not evident, I just want to formally say I don't believe he had a direct impact or cause of the reversal; Agnew does have a sharp reputation.... we both just were subject to something very.. rare and unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back