• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Report Account advertised not close to what was delivered, false advertising (1 Viewer)

mcgoo

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
DaveramZie
When did the issue occur?
Sept 7 2022
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/115-pally-cov-tov-raid.96591/
Value of property in dispute
Account in question that was delivered to me was not in Tov or Raid gear, although title was

115 pally cov/tov raid​

Instead account had various group gear from diff expansions.

All information needed is in email thread, as i reached out to seller to try and resolve.

Before we made the trade I told him the account gear was older expansion raid gear and if he planned on leveling the pally the gear would be irrlavent. That the illusions clickies RAF reward rare items ect is what made the account of value and he still wanted to proceed with trade so I think what killed the deal for him is he didn’t read my post about not having the sq answer and he wanted a refund and I told him I couldn’t do that now that he has info cause . Now has my info so he making it a big deal but I think if he read my post he seen I told him I couldn’t give him that info. Not sure how to processed about that i also said no refunds after info

please check email communication, as all of this is untrue statements, that he may have had with another potential buyer. "Before we made the trade I told him the account gear was older expansion raid gear and if he planned on leveling the pally the gear would be irrlavent. That the illusions clickies RAF reward rare items ect is what made the account of value and he still wanted to proceed with trade"

Account has no Tov or raid gear as it was advertised. As thread mentioned I agree i did overlook the no SQA, I own that. although in communication you did have opportunity to be forthcoming with information, as I did in communications. I then logged into account after not having sqa, and then saw their was no raid gear. hence no ability to recoup any loss.

@mcgoo Things that scream suspicious or find another deal are (below)... because you need these items to recover the account later for whatever reason...

1. 💳 Yes, but I can't tell you the original card information.

2. 🙊 Yes, but I can't supply the answer.

@DaveramZie That said, you advertised "Selling 115 pally in tov and cov raid gear tons of clickies and rare items illusions and mounts old main account 21 years played also was aRAF account with exp bonus asking 200 cashapp or krono"

I don't how much more clear it is that your account was not as advertised *shrug*

That's all the evidence and deterrent I would've needed personally...

He seemed scamming to me as well when I was considering buying a toon from him , then when I decided not to and told him how I felt kind of went off on me in my messages I’m sorry this happened to you Mcgoo

post claims seller was owner, but cant recall SQA. /cringe
1662655189500.png

Last edited:
@FreEQ2Play u gta be able to see the messages piror to exchange before u can put u input thanks sir I told him clearly the raid gear was old and irrelevant if he planned on leveling the toon and he was fine with that wasn’t till after he said hey what’s sq answer to change everything that he started to have a withdraw on the transaction

post claims it was seller was owner, but cant recall SQA. /
He seemed scamming to me as well when I was considering buying a toon from him , then when I decided not to and told him how I felt kind of went off on me in my messages I’m sorry this happened to you Mcgoo
Wydeclare u took over 24 hrs to reply dude I sold the shammy to another members here u can ask him dnt call me a scammer u turd I didn’t scam anyone here I gave him what I was post to

@DaveramZie That said, you advertised "Selling 115 pally in tov and cov raid gear tons of clickies and rare items illusions and mounts old main account 21 years played also was aRAF account with exp bonus asking 200 cashapp or krono"

I don't how much more clear it is that your account was not as advertised *shrug*

That's all the evidence and deterrent I would've needed personally...
OLD and IRRELEVANT?? TOV and COV RAID GEAR would still allow him to play a toon even into the new expansion, just saying... IF you said it had TOV and COV Raid Gear on the character; then it ought to have JUST THAT on the character... there is NOTHING more I need to see other than what you advertised.

Ur missing point I told him gear was older piror to tells and he was fine with that and it wasn’t until the sq answer that it became a problem clearly as u can see he just posted the sq answer and would of been happy if he had that which sadly was made 18+ years ago and daybreake dnt take info I tried

Either way I’m not a scammer dude new what he was signing up for didn’t have a problem until he realizes I couldn’t give the sq answer which I clearly stated I couldn’t but either way I’ll do whatever management feels is the right thing to do so y’all can’t butt out thanks

I came close to buying this account because it said ToV/CoV raid gear...

I mean I am happy I didnt because this clearly screams I have ToV/CoV raid gear, but clearly it does not.

Sounds very missleading to me and should have never been posted with you knowing 100% this account had ZERO CoV/ToV raid gear.

Just my 2 cents.

I guess I’m lost here…

Why would the account be advertised as TOV / COV raid geared when there's no raid gear on the account? Even if you told this guy in private messages "there was no raid gear" why would you even have that in the advertisement in the first place?

Ya all good like I said man if u want to have trash toons pled with no progression or augs or work put into them that’s fine go cheap route my ranger prob out dps ur whole crew alone only cause if the work I’ve put in and that’s only point I was trying make have a good day man

This man got mad I decided not to buy his toons and bought @william12 toons because william12 is a legit seller and honest and this is how he talked to me lol

I have accidentally set SQA to "Yes, but I can't supply the answer." before being the original owner (Yeah someone called me out on it).

When you had a few beers you can easly miss slick the answer, but I have a hard time beliving someone is an original owner and has no clue what answer was set?

Usually when I buy an account that says "Original Owner" I get the warm fuzzy feeling knowing transaction is going to go smoothly. I mean unless they are out to get you.

Ya all good like I said man if u want to have trash toons pled with no progression or augs or work put into them that’s fine go cheap route my ranger prob out dps ur whole crew alone only cause if the work I’ve put in and that’s only point I was trying make have a good day man

This man got mad I decided not to buy his toons and bought @william12 toons because william12 is a legit seller and honest and this is how he talked to me lol
No where in there I’m I mad dnt be a idiot

Seems very misleading at best, I could say this guy is not the original owner, if he cannot provide the original information on the account.

My dad set up question 22 years ago and he’s no longer around to find out info it’s a lost account and that’s why I stated I couldn’t provide the answer it’s always been mine snice I was a minor however my dad never played it just me so it’s actually mine I just didn’t set it up u can do / played and see it’s been around snice 2001

My dad set up question 22 years ago and he’s no longer around to find out info it’s a lost account and that’s why I stated I couldn’t provide the answer it’s always been mine snice I was a minor however my dad never played it just me so it’s actually mine I just didn’t set it up u can do / played and see it’s been around snice 2001

if you had the info for it you could have tried to recover it from DB....but you have lots wrong with this post.

Secret Question/Answer🙊 Yes, but I can't supply the answer.
but you said you cant give it now.

you said this toon had raid gear and its clear it does not.

you are 110% in the wrong so far. I would love to see this work out somehow....

Secret Question/Answer🙊 Yes, but I can't supply the answer.
but you said you cant give it now.

you said this toon had raid gear and its clear it does not.

you are 110% in the wrong so far. I would love to see this work out somehow....
I never said I had sq answer and I said it had raid gear thought it was tov but it was the expansion before which it clearly does have and I told him in dm as I’m sure u can seee that only value of the account was the clickies bonuses ect that come worth the account

I never said I had sq answer and I said it had raid gear thought it was tov but it was the expansion before which it clearly does have and I told him in dm as I’m sure u can seee that only value of the account was the clickies bonuses ect that come worth the account
haha I forgot my glasses....100% right I am sorry

Think I’ll just email daybreak and tell them I tried to do a trade it whent sour and ask for accounts to be shut down and call it a loss?

I would not do that. if you do that it can burn all accounts with that email or even IP

am I correct in reading that he traded you an account for the pali account?

I want to make sure I was reading everything right.

For the record so its clear you posted a tov/cov raid pally for sale for 200. It had been posted for some time. Why did you post as raid geared pally, when it's not a raid toon? Everything after that is irrelevant. whether I bought it or someone else. its not a raid geared toon. please explain, as you claim you did nothing wrong, etc. Please don't revert to a made up conversation about claiming we had a conversation about not needing raid gear, stick with facts, even if that conversation did happen, the toon still should/would have had raid gear on it, which it did not. Please clarify your position on this.

For the record so its clear you posted a tov/cov raid pally for sale for 200. It had been posted for some time. Why did you post as raid geared pally, when it's not a raid toon? Everything after that is irrelevant. whether I bought it or someone else. its not a raid geared toon. please explain, as you claim you did nothing wrong, etc. Please don't revert to a made up conversation about claiming we had a conversation about not needing raid gear, stick with facts, even if that conversation did happen, the toon still should/would have had raid gear on it, which it did not. Please clarify your position on this.
The toon does instead have 2 diffent raid sets just frm prior expansions soo

so confirming the obvious, the paladin you were selling for 200, was NOT in TOV/COV RAID GEAR as you advertised... SMH @ you trying to justify this...
I’m not trying to justify anything cause I thought it has full tov raid gear and I was wrong it was tbm raid set oh well my mistake either way when telling dude in dm about the account it appeared he wanted it for the clickies raf bonus ect not so much gear but I’m doing what I can to make it right so u can just keep ur negative comments to yourself

it appeared he wanted it for the clickies raf bonus ect not so much gear but I’m doing what I can to make it right
well, I guess that is no longer the case from what we can see here... and I can appreciate you doing what you can to make it right... which seems to be a refund based on false advertising...
so u can just keep ur negative comments to yourself
I haven't said anything negative here bud, I'm simply observing and stating the factually obvious things about this situation :)

Anyhow, it seems Teichou is all over it...

Peace, love, chicken grease! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back